Wednesday 3 October 2007

A big decision


I will not go to New York. I will focus on Asia. A return to the source. A two-month residency to write my second album. I have secured the financial aspect of it, so there’s no need to worry about money or flight tickets. As a friend said, what matters is that I create the best environment to create.

Another decision that may come like a whim of mine but is in fact the result of a slow maturation: I will buy a piano. I passed a piano shop yesterday and suddenly felt compelled to enter it. I saw one black piano on which a silent system was installed; exactly what I need to keep a friendly atmosphere in the neighbourhood.
How could I have spent so many years without a piano? That now  is a mystery to me. I don’t want to keep asking my friends to use their piano as Alexandre Tharaud does, or rent studios each time I have to practice or rehearse with someone.
The thought got me so excited that I could hardly sleep yesterday. I will go back to the shop tomorrow. They propose a rental service that makes you the owner of the piano when the whole price is paid. This may take a couple of years of more depending on the monthly fee. The best option for me!
This is really a new beginning. Priorities are now unavoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment