Tuesday 29 April 2008

Auntie


Writing on Mandarin lyrics seems to be a great challenge. It is, but I find that when it comes to write music, what lies behind the words is more important than the words themselves, no matter how beautiful they are. I wish I could speak Mandarin like I speak French or English, but this project is more than just a musical. In undertaking the composition of the music, I am searching for new ways to create connection and communication. It’s part of a big plan I’m unveiling as I’m walking through life.
Auntie will be like nothing else before, I hope. It’s not good to plan what it should be, for I have no idea and don’t want to be planning too much ahead and be trapped in a rigid frame, but I have the inkling it‘s going to be more than we can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment