Monday 17 January 2005

Army of Mixes

I have read that Björk was asking fans and musicians to submit remixes or cover version of Army of Me for a 10th anniversary 2cd release of the song. The money made of the sales would go to charity.
I didn’t give it much thought, because I had no idea how I could remix the song, much less re-arrange it.
But then Simon talked about it as well, and the idea grew in me. Why not? W.h.a. was a goldmine in terms of musical ideas. There was enough to fill a whole opera.
So I spent the whole Sunday writing the arrangement and the programming on the computer, then recording my vocals with my old microphone. I tested the result on Aurélien who passed it. At one o’clock in the morning the song was sent to Björk’s website. Que sera sera!

Listen to

No comments:

Post a Comment